Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 27 April 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 this afternoon except northeast 25 over southern sections Tuesday.
A few showers or flurries and fog patches ending this afternoon.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 April 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4805N 5250W to 4445N 4910W to 4540N 4655W to
5510N 5315W to 5635N 5705W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4345N 4930W to 4345N 4815W to 4600N 3800W to 4630N
3700W to 4730N 3700W to 5045N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5039N 5929W to Newfoundland near 4943N 5749W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 27 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today departing low 991 mb located south of
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 986 mb located over the southern
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 986 mb located over the Avalon
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southwestern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: