Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 28 April 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 to 20 knots this afternoon and to southeast 25 this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 early Saturday morning then veering to west 15 to 20 near noon Saturday. Wind veering to northwest 25 Saturday evening.
Freezing rain beginning this evening and ending late overnight. Fog banks forming after midnight and dissipating Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 2 rising to zero to plus 3 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 5135W
to 5045N 5135W to 5155N 4935W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5700W to 4245N 5500W to 4230N 4535W to 4745N
4215W to 5115N 4500W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr Quebec near 5021N 6239W to
Anticosti Island near 4914N 6156W then from Anticosti Island near
4910N 6225W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5914W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 976 mb located southeast
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 AM NDT 28 April 2017 Marine interests are advised that all gale warning have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: