Issued 08:00 PM ADT 31 August 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 20 to 25 after midnight then veering to northwest 25 to 30 near noon Tuesday.
A few showers ending Tuesday morning with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 August 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5554W to 5115N 5000W to 5245N 5000W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5101N 5705W to Quebec near 5125N 5741W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 31 August 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 997 mb located north of Anticosti
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 997 mb located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:55 PM ADT 31 August 2015 A low pressure system just north of Anticosti Island this
Evening will move to lie over Newfoundland on Tuesday.
Gale force northwesterlies will develop over northern waters in the
wake of this low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau...Cabot Strait...Gulf-Magdalen...Chaleur-Miscou eastern
half and Anticosti.
A squall warning is in effect for Northumberland Strait and
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: