Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 March 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind westerly 15 knots backing to southerly 15 early Saturday morning then increasing to southerly 25 late Saturday morning. Wind increasing to northwesterly 25 to 30 Saturday afternoon.
Flurries or showers beginning late overnight changing to showers Saturday morning.
Low tonight zero. High Saturday plus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6005W to 4510N 5930W
to 4610N 5825W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5304W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4600W to 4715N 4200W to 4945N
4200W to 5130N 4630W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4922N 5814W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 March 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from Laurentian Fan to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing ridge located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located from Anticosti Island to
the Bay of Fundy.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located east of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM ADT 24 March 2017 A cold northwesterly flow of air will give freezing spray to Gulf
waters on Saturday.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Cabot Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: