Issued 04:00 AM NST 06 February 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind light increasing to northwest 10 to 15 knots this morning then backing to southwest 15 to 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to light Sunday morning.
A few flurries ending this evening.
Temperatures minus 24 to minus 16.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4930N 5105W
to 5500N 5105W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 6 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday ridge located over southern Labrador.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today intensifying low 990 mb located over
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday low 952 mb located southeast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM NST 6 February 2016 An intensifying low pressure system over Southwestern Newfoundland is
forecast to track northeastward to lie northeast of the Funk Island
Bank this afternoon, then head out to sea tonight. Northwesterly
winds will increase to gale force over southeastern waters today or
tonight as the low approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea - southeastern half and East
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: