Issued 09:30 PM NST 21 January 2017
Tonight and Sunday
Wind light increasing to north 25 knots late overnight then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 near noon Sunday. Wind backing to southwest 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Flurries ending Sunday morning.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 19 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5115N 5205W
to 5135N 5005W to 5520N 5150W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 21 January 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 969 mb located northeast of the
By 9:30 p.m. NST Sunday low 970 mb located south of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:13 PM NST 21 January 2017 A low pressure system off of the Grand Banks will track northwards
and east of the district on Sunday. Meanwhile, a region of high
pressure will build southeastwards over Labrador. Winds will increase
to gale force northerlies between these two features tonight and
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: