Issued 09:30 AM NDT 26 May 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light becoming south 15 knots Wednesday evening.
High today plus 4. Low tonight minus 1. High Wednesday plus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5030N 5330W to 5440N 5210W to 5605N 5655W to 5800N 5830W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 26 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located over the Mid Labrador
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located north of the Marine
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: