Issued 09:30 PM NST 29 January 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind southwest 15 knots.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 15.
Issued 04:00 PM NST 29 January 2015
Saturday Wind light becoming northeast 15 knots in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light.
Monday Wind west 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EST 29 January 2015 Today Tonight and Friday Consolidated first-year ice.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 29 January 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5035N 5000W to 5400N 5055W to 5545N 5515W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 29 January 2015 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday departing trough located east of the
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight high located over Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Friday high 1025 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NST 29 January 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the South Labrador Coast and Mid
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: