Issued 04:00 AM NDT 22 May 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light near noon then becoming northeast 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light near noon Saturday.
Periods of rain beginning after midnight.
High today plus 3. Temperatures near plus 2 tonight and Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4915N 5325W to 5155N 5220W to
5210N 5340W to 5305N 5210W to 5430N 5230W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 22 May 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 983 mb located over central Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 997 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:05 AM NDT 22 May 2015 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will track slowly
east of the district tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies
behind the low will diminish as it moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea -
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: