Issued 09:30 PM NDT 26 March 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind light becoming northwest 10 to 15 knots late overnight.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Low tonight minus 14. High Friday minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4750N 5245W to 4650N
4510W to 4900N 4500W to 4930N 4730W to 5500N 5230W to 5600N 5630W to
5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 26 March 2015 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 996 mb located over central Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday low 990 mb located southeast of the Marine
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday dissipating ridge located over northern
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday intensifying trough located over southern
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Friday quasi-stationary trough located over
southern Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM NDT 26 March 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the South Labrador Sea - southern
half and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: