Issued 09:30 PM NDT 28 April 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind light becoming southwest 10 to 15 knots late overnight.
Periods of rain ending late overnight. Fog patches dissipating Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 5135W
to 5045N 5135W to 5155N 4935W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 28 April 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday ridge located east of the East Labrador
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary low 976 mb located
southeast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM NDT 28 April 2017 Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: