Issued 09:30 PM NST 13 February 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 25 Sunday afternoon.
A few flurries beginning Sunday evening.
Temperatures minus 23 falling to minus 30 Sunday morning then rising to minus 25 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 1:55 PM EST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4805N 4950W
to 5325N 5040W to 5520N 5240W to 5630N 5545W to 5800N 5830W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 13 February 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 995 mb located near the North
By 9:30 p.m. NST Sunday dissipating trough located over northern
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 986 mb located over southeastern
By 9:30 p.m. NST Sunday low 960 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough from 995 mb low located on a line
east-west over Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Sunday dissipating trough located from Ungava
Bay to Davis Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NST 13 February 2016 A low pressure system located near the North Labrador Coast will
slowly drift westward through the forecast period. A trough
Of low pressure currently extending eastward from this low will shift
northwestward to lie northwest of the Labrador Sea by Sunday morning.
Strong to gale force easterlies to northeasterlies north of the low
and trough will diminish by Sunday morning as it moves off.
In addition, a second low pressure system will pass southeast of the
East Labrador Sea late in the day on Sunday. Strong to gale force
northerlies will develop late on Sunday over the East Labrador Sea
north of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: