Issued 09:30 AM NDT 28 April 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind northeast 20 knots increasing to northeast 30 early this afternoon then diminishing to northeast 20 late overnight.
Showers or flurries ending late overnight. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
Temperatures zero to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4805N 5250W to 4730N 5000W to 4440N 5000W to
4500N 4800W to 4830N 4900W to 5100N 5130W to 5300N 5100W to 5510N
5300W to 5630N 5700W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north
and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 28 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 987 mb located south of Newfoundland.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating low 990 mb located over
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching low 990 mb located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: