Issued 04:00 PM NDT 23 August 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind variable 10 to 15 Thursday.
Rain ending near midnight. Showers beginning Thursday afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 23 August 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday departing ridge located north of the
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the northern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
the South Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: