Issued 09:30 PM NDT 30 April 2017
Tonight and Monday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late overnight and to light early Monday evening.
Low tonight minus 12. High Monday minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5240W to 4735N 5135W
to 5055N 4925W to 5230N 5000W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 30 April 2017 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight weakening low 995 mb located over the
East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday trough located southeast of the Marine
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday approaching ridge located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 PM NDT 30 April 2017 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will weaken into a
trough tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies over most waters
will persist throughout the forecast period.
Marine interests are advised gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea - western half,
Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: