Issued 09:30 PM NDT 26 May 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light becoming south 15 knots early Wednesday evening.
Low tonight minus 1. High Wednesday plus 6.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 26 May 2015
Thursday Wind southwest 20 knots.
Friday Wind northwest 15 knots.
Saturday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday 8 tenths of first-year ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5320W to 5440N 5210W to 5630N 5735W to 5705N 5720W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 26 May 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located over the South Labrador
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the Northwest
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday dissipating trough located north of
the Marine District.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: