Issued 09:30 AM NDT 24 June 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 25 Sunday morning.
Rain ending late overnight. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 June 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5035N 5610W to 5030N
5335W to 4930N 5130W to Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5315N 5545W to 5400N
5430W to 5800N 5900W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 24 June 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 989 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Sunday low 982 mb located over the northwestern
South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NDT 24 June 2017 A low pressure system over Northern Quebec will slowly track eastward
today to lie off the Mid Labrador Coast overnight tonight. Strong to
gale force southeasterly winds will spread across the region ahead of
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: