Issued 09:30 AM NDT 24 May 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 25 early this afternoon then diminishing to north 15 this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 25 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5615W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5325W to 5300N 5220W to 5525N 5340W to 5545N 5545W to 5800N
5830W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 24 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 996 mb located south of Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 998 mb located northeast of the
East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Lake Melville.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NDT 24 May 2016 A low pressure system south of Ungava Bay will track across the
northern part of the marine district this afternoon and tonight.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop behind this low,
and will diminish as the low dissipates over the coast of Greenland
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: