Issued 09:30 AM NST 02 December 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind light becoming northeast 10 to 15 knots this evening.
Temperatures near minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 2 December 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5215N 5545W to 5220N
5535W to 5335N 5540W to Labrador near 5425N 5750W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5455N 5800W to 5535N
5940W to Labrador near 5745N 6145W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5900N 6310W to 5910N
6305W to 6020N 6410W to 6045N 6245W then northeastward. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
9 tenths of new ice including 2 tenths of grey ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 2 December 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary high located over Labrador.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northeastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southwestern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: