Issued 09:30 AM NDT 28 March 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light becoming north 15 knots Wednesday evening.
Flurries beginning Wednesday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
High today minus 10. Low tonight minus 15. High Wednesday minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5235W to 4655N 4740W
to 4730N 4650W to 5210N 5100W to 5535N 5220W to 5630N 5615W to 5800N
5700W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 970 mb located east of the Flemish Cap.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low located southeast of the
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over central Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NDT 28 March 2017 An intense low pressure system east of the Flemish Cap will gradually
weaken as it moves slowly eastward today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over southern waters will slowly subside today as it
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast and South Labrador Sea - eastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea - western half and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: