Issued 09:30 PM NDT 27 May 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind southeast 20 knots with gusts to 30 veering to southwest 20 late overnight then to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday morning.
Periods of rain and fog patches ending Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5320W to 5440N 5210W to 5630N 5735W to 5720N 5655W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 27 May 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday departing ridge located east of Labrador
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight intensifying low 1001 mb located over
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Thursday departing low 980 mb located over the
East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM NDT 27 May 2015 An intensifying low pressure system over Northeastern Quebec will
move to lie over the East Labrador Sea Thursday evening. Strong to
gale force northwesterlies will develop Thursday in the wake of the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: