Issued 09:30 AM NST 07 February 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind light becoming northwest 15 knots near midnight.
Temperatures between minus 17 and minus 25.
Issued 04:00 AM NST 07 February 2016
Tuesday Wind light.
Wednesday Wind northeast 15 knots.
Thursday Wind light.
Issued 10:00 AM EST 7 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday Consolidated first-year ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 7 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4900N 5100W
to 5145N 4935W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 7 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over central Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today dissipating ridge located over Labrador
At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 1003 mb located near Anticosti Island.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday departing low 1002 mb located over southern
Belle Isle Bank.
At 4:00 a.m. NST Monday building ridge located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NST 7 February 2016 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except those over the Mid Labrador Coast -
north of Hopedale.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: