Issued 04:00 AM NST 13 February 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 near midnight then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Sunday morning.
Flurries ending this morning. Periods of light snow beginning Sunday evening.
Temperatures minus 20 falling to minus 30 near noon Sunday then rising to minus 25 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 12 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4810N 4955W
to 5145N 5010W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 988 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday low 989 mb located over the North Labrador
At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 986 mb located south of Newfoundland.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Sunday intensifying low 966 mb located east of
the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM NST 13 February 2016 A low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will slowly
drift westward throughout the forecast period. Strong to gale
Force easterlies are expected north of the low while strong to gale
force southwesterlies are forecast south of the low.
A second low pressure system will pass southeast of the East Labrador
Sea late in the day on Sunday. Strong to gale force north easterlies
will develop late on Sunday over the East Labrador Sea with this
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, the Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
and the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: