Issued 09:30 AM NDT 29 April 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 15 this evening then increasing to northwest 25 late overnight.
Showers or flurries beginning this evening and ending late overnight.
Temperatures plus 3 falling to minus 8 Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 April 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5240W to 4735N 5135W
to 5055N 4925W to 5230N 5000W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 29 April 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today intensifying trough located off Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday quasi-stationary low 985 mb located over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today weakening ridge located east of the East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 AM NDT 29 April 2017 A trough of low pressure off the Labrador coast will move slowly
northward and then become nearly stationary as a deepening low
pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea tonight and Sunday.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop today ahead of the
low with gale to storm force northwesterlies developing in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Northwest Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea - western half,
and northwest labardor sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: