Issued 09:30 PM NDT 22 August 2017
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northeast 15 knots increasing to northeast 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers ending near midnight. Rain beginning Wednesday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 22 August 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight weakening low 1002 mb located east of
the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low 1006 mb located south
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line east-west over
northern Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday intensifying trough located over the
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located over the Strait of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NDT 22 August 2017 A weakening low pressure system just east of the Labrador Sea will
move slowly away to the east tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over the East Labrador Sea behind this system will
gradually diminish tonight.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: