Issued 09:30 PM NDT 26 May 2016
Tonight and Friday
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 7 overnight then rising to plus 4 Friday evening.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 26 May 2016
Saturday Wind light becoming north 15 knots in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind light.
Monday Wind southwest 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2016 Today Tonight and Friday 8 tenths of first-year ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5135N 5600W to
Labrador near 5155N 5600W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5040N 5605W to
5040N 5330W to 5200N 5300W to 5220N 5400W to 5400N 5300W to 5500N
5300W to 5600N 5600W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
8 tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 26 May 2016 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the North Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: