Issued 09:30 PM NDT 29 March 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots.
Low tonight minus 9. High Monday zero.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 29 March 2015
Tuesday Wind south 10 to 15 knots.
Wednesday Wind west 10 to 15 knots.
Thursday Wind north 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday Consolidated first-year ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4845N 4455W to 5000N 4735W to 5215N 4835W to 5310N 5105W to
5435N 5145W to 5550N 5545W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 29 March 2015 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 983 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday departing low 979 mb located southeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM NDT 29 March 2015 A low pressure system just east of the Labrador will continue to
track eastwards tonight to lie southeast of Greenland Monday morning.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies over the Labrador Sea in the
wake of this feature will diminish overnight as the system moves
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea - northern half, Northwest Labrador Sea and East
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast, the South Labrador Sea, the
Northwest Labrador Sea and the East Labrador Sea - northern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: