Issued 09:30 PM NST 27 January 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Flurries beginning Wednesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 25 to minus 20.
Issued 04:00 PM NST 27 January 2015
Thursday Wind northwest 15 knots.
Friday Wind light.
Saturday Wind light becoming northeast 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday Consolidated first-year ice.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4915N 5330W to 5135N 4925W to 5430N 5115W to 5645N 5810W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 27 January 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
By 9:30 p.m. NST Wednesday ridge located over Labrador extending
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NST 27 January 2015 A trough of low pressure southeast of the marine district will
continue to track southeastward tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over the East Labrador Sea will gradually diminish
this evening as the trough moves away.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warnings is in effect for
the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast, Northwest
Labrador Sea and the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: