Issued 04:00 PM NST 05 February 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind light becoming northwest 10 to 15 knots Saturday morning then backing to southwest 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Temperatures near minus 16.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4930N 5105W
to 5500N 5105W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 5 February 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 4:00 p.m. NST today deepening low 1002 mb located southeast of
By 4:00 p.m. NST Saturday deepening low 962 mb located northeast
of Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM NST 5 February 2016 A low pressure system off the us Eastern Seaboard is expected to
steadily deepen as it tracks northeastward to lie northeast of the
Funk Island Bank as an intense storm by Saturday afternoon.
Northwesterly winds will increase to gale force Saturday afternoon or
evening over southeastern waters as the low approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast, the South Labrador Sea - southeastern half and
the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: