Issued 04:00 AM NST 20 February 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
A few flurries ending this afternoon.
Temperatures minus 15 to minus 10 falling to minus 20 to minus 15 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4740N 5000W
to 4830N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 20 February 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over Labrador.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located north of Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday trough located north of the East Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM NST 20 February 2017 A trough of low pressure will approach the Labrador Sea from the
north today. Meanwhile, a ridge will remain quasi-stationary over
Labrador. Strong northwesterly winds will strengthen to gale force
northwesterlies over northwestern waters today as the trough
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: