Issued 04:00 AM NDT 27 April 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then becoming southeast 10 to 15 Friday afternoon.
High today minus 5. Low tonight minus 10. High Friday zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 April 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4700N 5205W
to 4730N 5145W to 5015N 5205W to 5230N 4930W to 5800N 5630W then
northeastward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 27 April 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 987 mb located southeast
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NDT 27 April 2017 A low pressure system southeast of Greenland will remain
quasi-stationary today before gradually moving farther east tonight.
Strong to gale force west to northwesterlies will ease overnight as
the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea except for the South
Labrador Sea - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: