Issued 04:00 AM NDT 25 March 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to west 20 early this morning.
Temperatures minus 8 falling to minus 18 this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4715N 4735W
to 4745N 4615W to 5500N 5200W to 5545N 5500W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 25 March 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 990 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 995 mb located over the South Labrador
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough from 990 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday quasi-stationary trough from 995 mb low
located over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM NDT 25 March 2017 A trough of low pressure will sweep across the Labrador Sea today.
Strong to gale force westerlies behind the trough will diminish.
Meanwhile, a low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will
begin to slowly move southwards. Behind this low gale to storm force
northwesterlies will develop over the North Labrador Coast this
afternoon and then spread southwards tonight through Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
the North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek. Gale warnings are in
effect for all remaining waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: