Issued 04:00 AM NDT 27 March 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to north 10 to 15 this morning and to light Tuesday morning.
High today minus 9. Low tonight minus 19. High Tuesday minus 9.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4710N 4910W
to 4820N 4620W to 5210N 5125W to 5455N 5140W to 5600N 5450W to 5800N
5630W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 1006 mb located over the Northwest
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating low located over the South
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 963 mb located east
of the Flemish Cap.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today dissipating low located over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM NDT 27 March 2017 A low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will move
southward and dissipate over the South Labrador Sea later today.
Meanwhile, an intense low east of the Flemish Cap will remain nearly
stationary. Gale to storm force northwesterlies will subside over
most waters today as the first low dissipates but will persist over
southern coastal waters into Tuesday under the influence of the
system to the southeast.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale and South Labrador Sea -
western half. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters
except Lake Melville, South Labrador Sea - eastern half, and East
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for South Labrador Sea - western half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: