Issued 09:30 PM NST 26 January 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind west 25 knots backing to southwest 20 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 25 to minus 20.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 January 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4915N 5330W to 5135N 4925W to 5510N 5300W to 5605N 5540W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 26 January 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 960 mb located northeast of Labrador
By 9:30 a.m. NST Tuesday low 970 mb located east of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough from 960 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Tuesday trough from 970 mb low located east of
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Tuesday ridge located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:30 PM NST 26 January 2015 An intense low pressure system northeast of the East Labrador Sea
will continue to track away tonight. Gale to storm force
northwesterlies in its wake will diminish to strong to gale force
Additionally, a trough of low pressure from this low through the
South Labrador Sea will move southeastward tonight to lie east of the
Labrador Sea by Tuesday morning. Storm force northwesterlies over
southern sections of the South Labrador Sea will diminish to strong
to gale force westerlies by Tuesday morning as the trough moves away.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Sea - southern half and East Labrador Sea.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters except Lake
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: