Issued 09:30 PM NST 17 November 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeast 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 Saturday afternoon.
Periods of snow changing to showers or flurries Saturday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 2 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 17 November 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Saturday dissipating trough located on a line
north-south over the North Labrador Coast.
At 9:30 a.m. NST Saturday approaching low 990 mb located southeast
of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM NST 17 November 2017 A complex area of low pressure will approach the marine district from
the southeast on Saturday. This system will spread gale force
northeasterlies across southeastern waters Saturday afternoon and
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: