Issued 04:00 AM NDT 29 March 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind light becoming north 15 knots this evening.
Flurries beginning this morning and ending Thursday afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
High today minus 6. Low tonight minus 17. High Thursday minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5235W to 4655N 4740W
to 4730N 4650W to 5210N 5100W to 5535N 5220W to 5630N 5615W to 5800N
5700W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 29 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over northern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM NDT 29 March 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea - western half, Northwest Labrador Sea,
and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: