Issued 09:30 PM NDT 28 March 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 late overnight.
Low tonight minus 17. High Sunday minus 4.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 28 March 2015
Monday Wind southwest 15 knots.
Tuesday Wind south 10 to 15 knots.
Wednesday Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday Consolidated first-year ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4750N 5245W to 4705N
4530W to 4845N 4500W to 4930N 4645W to 5500N 5230W to 5600N 5630W to
5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 28 March 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 990 mb located near Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 983 mb located over the East Labrador
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Sunday dissipating ridge located over Belle
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM NDT 28 March 2015 A low pressure system near Ungava Bay will move eastward
Across northern sections of the Labrador Sea tonight and Sunday.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop over the Labrador
Sea on Sunday in the wake of this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea - northern half, Northwest Labrador Sea and East
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: