Issued 09:30 PM NDT 29 April 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 Saturday morning and to northwest 15 Saturday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Saturday evening.
Rain or snow changing to flurries after midnight and ending Saturday morning.
Low tonight minus 2. High Saturday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 April 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4840N 5300W to 4920N 5140W to
5140N 4950W to 5520N 5215W to 5605N 5520W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 29 April 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 980 mb located over northwestern
Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 991 mb located east of Belle Isle
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:38 PM NDT 29 April 2016 A low pressure system entering the Belle Isle Bank will move
southeastward away from the district tonight. Strong to gale force
northeast to northwesterlies will gradually diminish as the low moves
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: