Issued 04:00 AM NDT 23 March 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind light becoming northwest 15 knots early this evening then diminishing to light after midnight. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Friday morning and to southwest 25 Friday evening.
A few flurries beginning Friday evening.
Temperatures minus 21 rising to minus 15 this evening. Low tonight minus 21. High Friday minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4715N 4735W
to 4745N 4615W to 5135N 4925W to 5150N 5140W to 5500N 5240W to 5650N
5650W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 23 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today departing low 984 mb located north of the
East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 992 mb located south of Newfoundland.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 975 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM NDT 23 March 2017 A low pressure system north of the East Labrador Sea will weaken as
it moves north of the district this morning. Strong to gale force
westerlies over the East Labrador Sea will diminish this morning as
the low departs.
A second low will approach the district from the south today. Strong
to gale force northwesterlies will develop over most waters ahead of
the low this afternoon.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south, South
Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: