Issued 04:00 PM NDT 25 May 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 this evening then becoming northeast 10 to 15 Friday morning.
Low tonight zero. High Friday plus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4835N 5135W
to 5110N 5400W to 5340N 5210W to 5450N 5205W to 5550N 5635W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 25 May 2017 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today dissipating ridge located on a line
north-south over the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 1014 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday low 1014 mb located over the South
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: