Issued 04:00 AM NDT 30 April 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this morning and to light this evening.
Flurries ending near noon.
High today plus 2. Low tonight minus 4. High Sunday plus 3. Temperatures falling to minus 2 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 April 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4840N 5300W to 4920N 5140W to
5140N 4950W to 5520N 5215W to 5605N 5520W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 30 April 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 984 mb located over Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 996 mb located southeast of Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM NDT 30 April 2016 A low pressure system over the Belle Isle Bank will move eastward
away from the district today. Strong to gale force northeast to
northwesterlies will diminish today as the low departs.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for Mid
Labrador Coast and North Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: