Issued 04:00 AM NST 10 February 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northeast 15 knots increasing to northeast 20 to 25 this morning then diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 near midnight.
Snow changing to a few flurries this evening.
Temperatures minus 15 rising to minus 5 this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4840N 5010W
to 5145N 4935W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 10 February 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located from the
Gulf of St. Lawrence to Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM NST 10 February 2016 Strong to gale force northwesterlies are forecast to developing along
the Labrador coast late Thursday as a trough extends westward across
the district in the wake a low pressure system departing from
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: