Issued 04:00 PM NST 01 February 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 this evening and to west 30 Monday morning.
Snow ending Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 12 falling to minus 22 overnight.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 1 February 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5140N 5005W to 5505N 5240W to 5625N 5625W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 1 February 2015 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NST today deepening low 985 mb located over the Strait
of Belle Isle.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday low 970 mb located north of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough from 985 mb low located over the
North Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday trough from 970 mb low located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM NST 1 February 2015 An intensifying low pressure system over the Strait of Belle Isle
will move to lie over the Labrador Sea overnight then north of the
district Monday morning. Strong to gale force easterlies ahead of the
low then shift to west to northwesterlies in its wake. Gale force
northwesterlies will persist over the North Labrador Coast throughout
the forecast period.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: