Issued 04:00 AM NDT 29 April 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 20 knots increasing to northwest 30 near noon then diminishing to northwest 20 Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 Saturday afternoon and to light Saturday evening.
Snow beginning this morning changing to rain or snow this afternoon then to flurries after midnight and ending Saturday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
High today plus 2. Low tonight minus 2. High Saturday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4840N 5300W to 4920N 5140W to
5140N 4950W to 5520N 5215W to 5605N 5520W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 29 April 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today intensifying low 982 mb located east of
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 977 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM NDT 29 April 2016 A low pressure system east of the Labrador Sea will intensify as it
moves southwestwards towards the South Labrador Coast today. Strong
to gale force northeast to northwesterlies will spread across the
marine district today ahead of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast and Mid Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: