Issued 04:00 PM NDT 06 May 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to west 15 this evening then veering to north 15 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
A few flurries.
Temperatures plus 1 falling to minus 5 Thursday morning then rising to zero Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4830N 5100W to
5300N 5300W to 5330N 5130W to 5500N 5200W to 5700N 5730W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 6 May 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 989 mb located over the South Labrador
By 9:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 1003 mb located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located southeast of the Marine
By 9:00 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:49 PM NDT 6 May 2015 An intense low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will
drift slowly northward to lie north of the marine district Thursday
afternoon. Strong to gale force winds associated with the low will
gradually diminish as the low moves away and weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek..South Labrador Sea -
Northwestern half..Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half and
East Labrador Sea - northern half.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: