Issued 04:00 PM NDT 22 March 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then becoming northwest 15 Thursday evening.
Low tonight minus 21. High Thursday minus 16.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4715N 4735W
to 4745N 4615W to 5135N 4925W to 5150N 5140W to 5500N 5240W to 5650N
5650W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 22 March 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 971 mb located north
of the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over the northern Northwest
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating trough located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 1001 mb located over New Brunswick.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Thursday low 988 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM NDT 22 March 2017 A low pressure system north of the East Labrador Sea will remain
nearly stationary tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies in
the wake of the low will diminish tonight as it weakens.
A second low will approach the district from the south on Thursday.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop over southern
waters ahead of the low late on Thursday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: