Issued 09:30 PM NST 20 January 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind light becoming northwest 15 knots Saturday evening.
Low tonight minus 18. High Saturday minus 8.
Issued 04:00 PM NST 20 January 2017
Sunday Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late in the day.
Monday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Tuesday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday Consolidated first-year ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5140N 5200W
to 5200N 5015W to 5525N 5200W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 20 January 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Marine District.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM NST 20 January 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: