Issued 04:00 PM NST 09 February 2016
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 knots this evening and to northeast 20 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Periods of snow beginning late overnight.
Temperatures minus 20 rising to minus 6 near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4840N 5010W
to 5145N 4935W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 9 February 2016 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over northern Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday quasi-stationary ridge located on a
line northeast-southwest over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over southeastern Newfoundland.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located from
the Gulf of St. Lawrence to Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM NST 9 February 2016 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except those over the North Labrador
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: