Issued 09:30 AM NST 06 March 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 20 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon.
Temperatures minus 22 to minus 17 rising to minus 10 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4650N 5250W to 4715N 4600W
to 5205N 4820W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 6 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located east of Belle
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 AM NST 6 March 2015 An intensifying trough of low pressure over the South Labrador Sea
will slowly drift southeastward today then move away to the southeast
tonight. Gale to storm force northwesterlies over most waters around
the trough will start to gradually diminish later today.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
South Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: