Issued 09:30 AM NST 24 February 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots becoming light this afternoon.
Flurries ending this evening.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 20 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4750N 5300W to 4740N 5000W
to 4830N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5500N 5200W to 5630N 5615W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 24 February 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located over southeastern
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday quasi-stationary trough located south
At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NST 24 February 2017 A trough of low pressure over the Southeastern Labrador Sea will
intensify as it tracks eastward today to lie south of Greenland by
this evening. Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure along the Labrador
coast will remain quasi-stationary as it strengthens. As a result,
gale force northwesterlies will spread throughout the Labrador Sea
today and tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: