Issued 09:30 AM NST 01 February 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near noon then increasing to northwest 20 this evening. Wind increasing to west 30 Monday morning.
Snow ending Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 12 falling to minus 22 overnight.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 31 January 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5135N 5030W to 5505N 5240W to 5625N 5625W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 1 February 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NST today deepening low 989 mb located over the
northern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday low 970 mb located over the Northwest
At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located off the
Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 AM NST 1 February 2015 A low pressure over the Northern Gulf of St. Lawrence will cross
Southeastern Labrador later today then move into the Labrador Sea
tonight. Strong to gale force easterlies ahead of the low then shift
to west to northwesterlies in its wake. Gale force northwesterlies
will persist over the North Labrador Coast throughout the forecast
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: