Issued 04:00 PM NST 03 March 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind northwest 25 knots backing to southwest 25 this evening then diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 early Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Flurries ending early this evening. Flurries beginning Wednesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Low tonight minus 27. High Wednesday minus 13.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4710N 5250W to 4735N 4700W
to 5110N 4805W to 5505N 5215W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5715W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 3 March 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 950 mb located northeast of Funk
By 4:00 p.m. NST Wednesday departing low 952 mb located southeast
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Wednesday dissipating trough located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:04 PM NST 3 March 2015 An intense low pressure system just northeast of the Funk Island Bank
will continue to track northeastward to lie southeast of Greenland by
Wednesday afternoon. Gale to storm force north to northwesterlies are
forecast over southern waters tonight.
A trough of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will slowly
drift southward into the South Labrador Sea tonight and Wednesday.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies are forecast west of this trough
and will ease Wednesday as the trough weakens.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea -
southeastern half and East Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters except Lake
Melville and the Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: