Issued 04:00 PM NST 18 January 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 15 knots late overnight and to southwest 15 to 20 Thursday morning.
Flurries beginning Thursday morning.
Temperatures between minus 18 and minus 24.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 5000N 5315W
to 5240N 5025W to 5535N 5155W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 18 January 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 991 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Thursday weakening low 1006 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 PM NST 18 January 2017 A low pressure system over Hudson Bay will move to lie over Northern
Quebec this evening. Strong to gale force southerly winds will
develop over northern waters ahead of this low. Winds will diminish
by Thursday morning as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised the gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: