Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 April 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind light becoming northeast 10 to 15 knots near noon then becoming light this evening. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 late overnight.
Periods of snow or freezing rain ending early this morning. Periods of rain tonight. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Saturday morning.
High today plus 3. Temperatures near plus 3 tonight and Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 5135W
to 5045N 5135W to 5155N 4935W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 976 mb located southeast
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Lake Melville.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM NDT 28 April 2017 A low pressure system southeast of Greenland will slowly move
eastwards today. Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure over Labrador
will move to lie over the Labrador Sea by this afternoon. Strong to
gale force northwesterlies over the East Labrador Sea will ease this
morning as the low moves away and the ridge approaches.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the northwest and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: