Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 30 July 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 to 20 knots Friday morning then veering to south 25 Friday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches beginning Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5334W to 4445N 4745W to 4430N 4400W to 4600N 4130W to 4845N
4200W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5045N 5713W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 30 July 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 991 mb located south of the Avalon
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 998 mb located over the southeastern
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today dissipating trough located over the Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM NDT 30 July 2015 An intense low pressure system south of the Avalon Peninsula will
move slowly northward towards the Avalon Peninsula today. The low
will then begin to weaken and drift eastward tonight, exiting the
marine district Friday morning. Strong to gale force east to
northeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale force
west to northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast - Ramea and east, South Coast, East Coast - Cape St.
Francis and south and the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: