Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 07 May 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind westerly 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 20 to 25 this evening then diminishing to north 15 Friday afternoon.
Chance of flurries today and tonight.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4600N 5950W to
4555N 5925W to 4615N 5835W to 4800N 6000W to 4825N 6120W to Gaspe
Peninsula near 4820N 6440W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6000W to 5005N
5930W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W. Sea ice north of the ice
Open water except bergy water in the extreme northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4545N 5415W to 4145N 5030W to 4144N 4845W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 7 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:00 a.m. NDT today low 995 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
By noon NDT Friday weakening low 1006 mb located over the East
Coast of Newfoundland.
At 3:00 p.m. NDT today low located south of Newfoundland.
By 9:00 a.m. NDT Friday low located southeast of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM NDT 7 May 2015 A low pressure system east of the Belle Isle Bank is forecast to
Move across the Funk Island Bank tonight and then track southward
passing just east of Newfoundland on Friday. Winds will increase to
strong to gale force northerlies as the low approaches the region
then diminish as it moves away.
Another low is forecast to track south of Newfoundland this afternoon
and make its way across the Southern Grand Banks tonight. Strong to
gale force northwesterlies are forecast in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Strait of Belle Isle..Northeast Coast..Belle Isle Bank and the
Southwestern Grand Banks - southwestern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northeastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southwestern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: