Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NST 22 February 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to light late overnight then becoming south 15 Thursday evening.
Temperatures minus 5 to minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5950W to 4635N
5925W to 4815N 6105W to 5000N 5820W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 tenths of grey-white ice in the north section
and along parts of the Newfoundland coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5247W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4500W to 4700N 4500W to 5030N
4600W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5111N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5726W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 22 February 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 8:00 p.m. NST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 993 mb located south of the Grand
By 3:30 p.m. NST Thursday departing low 983 mb located northeast
of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:54 PM NST 22 February 2017 A low pressure system approaching from the south will cross the
Southeastern Grand Banks tonight then move away to the east on
Thursday. Over southeastern waters, strong to gale force north to
northeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: