Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 24 April 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind east 15 to 20 knots backing to northeast 25 late this evening then diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 near noon Saturday except northeast 25 along the Quebec coast.
Periods of rain and fog patches.
Temperatures zero to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 April 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4535N 6000W
to 4510N 5920W to 4535N 5805W to 4725N 5810W to Newfoundland near
4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 tenths of first-year ice along parts of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4900W to 4415N 4600W to 4630N 3730W to 4730N
3700W to 5045N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 24 April 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located from the Gulf of
St. Lawrence to Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Saturday weakening trough located from Newfoundland
to the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: