Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 18 April 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Wind north 15 knots except northeast 25 along the Newfoundland coast this evening. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 late overnight.
Flurries ending Sunday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 3 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 April 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6100W to 4440N 5755W
to 4510N 5700W to 4645N 5655W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland near
4720N 5515W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except 5 tenths of first-year ice along parts of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4745W to 4430N 4600W to 4545N 3645W to 4700N
3645W to 5000N 3800W to 5130N 3900W to 6000N 5600W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 18 April 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 999 mb located east of Funk
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1010 mb located south of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Sunday intensifying low 996 mb located south of
the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM NDT 18 April 2015 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: