Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 24 March 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 along the Newfoundland coast overnight. Wind becoming northwest 25 near noon Saturday.
Flurries beginning after midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this evening. Freezing spray beginning near noon Saturday.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 3 rising to minus 1 overnight then falling to minus 16 to minus 8 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6005W to 4510N 5930W
to 4610N 5825W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Open water except 4 tenths of grey ice in the north section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5304W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4600W to 4715N 4200W to 4945N
4200W to 5130N 4630W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4922N 5814W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 8:00 PM NDT 24 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 24 March 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over eastern Newfoundland.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Saturday ridge located east of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located over the St. Lawrence
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Saturday trough located over Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:46 PM NDT 24 March 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except Southwest Coast and the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: