Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 22 April 2017
Tonight and Sunday
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light Sunday morning then becoming west 10 to 15 early Sunday evening.
A few showers ending near midnight.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 April 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4615N 6000W to 4700N 6010W
to 4830N 6215W to 4910N 6110W to Newfoundland near 4825N 5915W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 3 tenths of first-year ice in the northern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5720W to 4430N 5645W to 4100N 5130W to 4100N 4645W to 4800N
4215W to 5115N 4400W to 5300N 4945W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Apr estimated from Newfoundland
near 4736N 5909W to Anticosti Island near 5022N 6323W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except 10 to 25 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 22 April 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the northern Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday departing low 1000 mb located over
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1008 mb located southwest of Nova
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 1005 mb located over the southwestern
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: