Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 27 March 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 this morning then increasing to north 15 to 20 Saturday morning.
A few flurries ending Saturday afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray beginning near noon Saturday.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 5 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4440N 6250W to 4350N
6050W to 4435N 5730W to 4725N 5740W to Newfoundland near 4720N
5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
4505N 6525W to 4425N 6620W Nova Scotia near 4415N 6605W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
5 tenths of grey-white ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice
except 8 tenths of first-year ice in the southeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5335W to 4445N 4800W to 4445N 4700W to 4715N 4230W to 5000N
4300W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5724W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 03:00 AM NDT 27 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 27 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 996 mb located over southeastern
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 990 mb located northeast of
Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday approaching low 996 mb located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:53 AM NDT 27 March 2015 A ridge of high pressure southeast of the marine district will remain
quasi-stationary through the forecast period. Meanwhile, a low
pressure system over the southeast coast of Labrador will continue to
track eastward to lie northeast of Belle Isle Bank by this afternoon.
Strong to gale force southwesterlies between these two features will
continue over the Grand Banks and adjacent waters through Saturday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south and the Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port, Belle Isle Bank and
Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: