Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 July 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to southwest 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to south 15 to 20 near noon Friday.
A few showers ending this morning. A few showers beginning near noon Friday. Fog patches forming late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5334W to 4445N 4745W to 4430N 4400W to 4600N 4130W to 4845N
4200W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5045N 5713W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 30 July 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 995 mb located east of Banquereau.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 995 mb located southeast
of the Avalon Peninsula.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over the western Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating ridge located over the
southeastern Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located from Anticosti Island to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM ADT 30 July 2015 A low pressure system just east of Banquereau will move very slowly
eastward then gradually weaken later today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected over eastern waters from this system
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan - eastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: