Issued 08:00 PM ADT 05 May 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near midnight then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind backing to southwest 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Chance of showers overnight and Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4600N 5950W to
4555N 5925W to 4630N 5830W to 4800N 6000W to 4825N 6120W to Gaspe
Peninsula near 4820N 6440W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6000W to 5005N
5930W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W. Sea ice north of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4530N 5400W to 4145N 5015W to 4145N 4830W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 May estimated from Quebec near
5013N 5959W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 5 May 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Georges Bank to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight high 1028 mb located over the Great Lakes.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday high 1026 mb located near Georges Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: