Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 April 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Chance of showers late this evening. Chance of showers beginning near noon Saturday. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 April 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4535N 6000W
to 4510N 5920W to 4535N 5805W to 4725N 5810W to Newfoundland near
4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
Open water except 3 tenths of first-year ice in the eastern section.
Unusual presence of sea ice in the eastern section today and
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4900W to 4415N 4600W to 4630N 3730W to 4730N
3700W to 5045N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 April 2015
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 April 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary low 999 mb located over
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: