Issued 03:00 AM ADT 29 March 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to northwest 20 this morning then backing to west 10 to 15 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southwest 10 to 15 Monday morning. Wind backing to south 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Snow ending early this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Over open water risk of freezing spray this morning.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to minus 1 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6105W to 4420N
6000W to 4420N 5725W to 4725N 5720W to Newfoundland near 4720N
5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
4505N 6525W to 4425N 6620W Nova Scotia near 4415N 6605W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
1 tenth of first-year ice except 7 tenths of first-year ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4830W to 4430N 4730W to 4700N 4200W to 4945N
4245W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5820W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 03:00 AM ADT 29 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 29 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 990 mb located east of Sable Island.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 990 mb located over the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 3:00 p.m. ADT Monday ridge located from Georges Bank to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM ADT 29 March 2015 A low pressure system just east of Sable Island at forecast time
Will move northeast across the Avalon Peninsula this morning. Gale
To storm force southwesterlies south of the low become gale to
possibly storm force northwesterlies immediately behind the low
before diminishing this morning. Winds will continue to diminish
From west to east as the low pulls away from the district.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Sable.. East Scotian Slope.. Banquereau.. And Laurentian Fan. Gale
Warnings are in effect for West Scotian Slope.. Eastern shore..
Fourchu.. And Cabot Strait. Freezing spray warnings are in effect
For Cabot Strait.. Northumberland Strait.. Gulf-Magdalen..
Chaleur-Miscou.. And Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: