Issued 03:00 AM ADT 27 March 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then becoming northeast 15 Tuesday morning.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4510N 5925W
to 4615N 5810W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Open water except 3 tenths of grey-white ice in the northern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4645N 5315W to 4630N 4345W to 4715N 4150W to 5015N 4144W to 5145N
4545W to 5300N 4959W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4907N 5824W to Quebec near 5015N 6018W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Quebec to West Scotian
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday weakening ridge located from Labrador
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1014 mb located west of Browns Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 1015 mb located over East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 27 March 2017 A cold northwesterly flow will give freezing spray to northern and
eastern waters today.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern
half, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: