Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 June 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 20 knots veering to north 20 to 25 this morning then diminishing to northeast 15 overnight. Wind diminishing to light Thursday morning.
Chance of showers this morning. Fog banks dissipating this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4656N 5402W to 4215N 5000W to 4215N 4800W to 4315N 4430W to 4545N
3700W to 4730N 3700W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 May estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6025W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5808W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 03:00 AM ADT 01 June 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 1 June 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Nova Scotia.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located south of the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located from
Anticosti Island to Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northeastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: