Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 May 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to southeast 20 to 25 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 30 near noon Tuesday then veering to southwest 25 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain or drizzle beginning Tuesday morning changing to chance of rain Tuesday afternoon and evening with risk of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon. Fog patches forming Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4640N 6445W to 4820N
6350W to 4855N 6350W to 4925N 6510W to 5005N 6535W to 5000N 6300W to
Newfoundland near 4905N 5825W. Sea ice north and west of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5630W to 4245N 5500W to 4215N 4900W to 4600N
4415W to 5000N 4545W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6314W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5916W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 03:00 AM ADT 01 May 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 1 May 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the central Marine District.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located east of the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located near Cape Cod.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located from New Brunswick to
East Scotian Slope.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:41 AM ADT 1 May 2017 A trough of low pressure west of the district will move across marine
waters later today and Tuesday. Strong to gale force southeasterly
winds ahead of the trough will shift to strong southwesterlies in its
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Northumberland Strait - eastern half
and Gulf Magdalen - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: