East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 19 April 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind north 15 to 20 knots with gusts to 25 near Cape Race late this afternoon. Wind becoming north 25 Monday morning.
A few flurries ending late overnight.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 April 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4840N 5300W to 4630N 4700W to 4800N 4530W to
4830N 4800W to 5030N 4830W to 5500N 5300W to 5600N 5630W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4745W to 4430N 4600W to 4545N 3630W to 4700N
3630W to 5000N 3800W to 5130N 3900W to 6000N 5600W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 19 April 2015 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today intensifying low 1004 mb located south of
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Monday low 978 mb located east of the Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM NDT 19 April 2015 A low pressure system south of Laurentian Fan will intensify as it
tracks southeast of the marine district tonight. Gale force northerly
winds will develop early Monday over southeastern waters in the wake
of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northern Grand Banks and Southeastern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: