East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 04 May 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind light increasing to west 10 to 15 knots near noon and to west 15 to 20 this evening. Wind backing to southwest 20 Tuesday morning.
A few showers beginning Tuesday evening. Fog patches forming late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4750N 5030W to
4805N 5005W to 5250N 5335W to 5335N 5215W to 5450N 5210W to 5630N
5630W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Bergy water except 5 tenths of first-year ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5444W to 4530N 5400W to 4200N 5015W to 4200N 4830W to 4600N
3600W to 4730N 3600W to 5100N 3830W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 4 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Maritimes.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1005 mb located off Labrador Coast.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday low 995 mb located over Labrador Sea.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough from 1005 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday trough from 995 mb low located over
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: