East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 08:00 PM NST 06 March 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 25 knots backing to west 15 to 20 late overnight then to southwest 25 Saturday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 6 rising to minus 5 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4650N 5250W to 4715N 4600W
to 5205N 4820W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths of grey ice in a few small bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 6 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5307W to 4700N 4615W to 5000N 4530W to 5100N 4515W to 5200N
4630W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
Warnings (In effect)
East CoastIssued 8:00 PM NST 06 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 6 March 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located east of Belle
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight high located over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Saturday high located east of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM NST 6 March 2015 A trough of low pressure east of the Belle Isle Bank will continue to
move away from the marine district tonight. As a result, gale to
storm force northwesterlies over northern waters will start to
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half and Funk Island Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: