East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 03:00 AM NST 19 January 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then becoming southeast 10 to 15 overnight. Wind backing to northeast 15 near noon Friday then increasing to northeast 25 Friday evening.
Temperatures minus 3 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 5000N 5315W
to 5240N 5025W to 5535N 5155W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5600W to 5030N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 5000W to 5700N
5500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5118N 5640W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 19 January 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. NST today high 1023 mb located over western
By 3:00 a.m. NST Friday high 1021 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
At 10:00 a.m. NST Friday approaching low 984 mb located southwest
of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM NST 19 January 2017 An intensifying low pressure system south of the Maritimes will move
to lie just south of the Grand Banks late Friday. Strong to gale
force northeasterlies will develop over southern waters overnight and
Friday as the low approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Coast, East Coast Cape St. Francis and south and the Grand
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: