East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 03:30 PM NST 17 December 2014
Tonight and Thursday
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots late overnight and to southeast 25 Thursday afternoon.
Rain and fog patches beginning Thursday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 1 rising to plus 4 Thursday morning.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 December 2014 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from northern peninsula near 5020N 5625W to 5025N 5555W to 5140N 5520W to 5140N 5550W to 5120N 5650W to northern peninsula near 5100N 5705W. Sea ice south of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5215N 5540W to 5310N 5430W to 5635N 6015W to 5850N 6120W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 17 December 2014
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast near 5330N 5605W to 5345N 5245W to 5600N 5245W to 6000N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 17 December 2014 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. NST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 10:00 a.m. NST Thursday ridge located east of the Marine
At 3:30 p.m. NST today low 1002 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Thursday low 992 mb located near Prince Edward
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM NST 17 December 2014 A low pressure system over the Gulf of Maine is forecast to intensify
and track northeastward to lie near Prince Edward Island Thursday.
Strong to gale force east to southeasterlies are expected to develop
overnight tonight ahead of this feature, as it approaches southern
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: