East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 06 May 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind west 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 this afternoon then becoming west 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 Thursday afternoon then becoming northwest 15 Thursday evening.
A few showers today and tonight. Chance of showers or flurries beginning Thursday morning.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4830N 5100W to
5300N 5300W to 5330N 5130W to 5500N 5200W to 5700N 5730W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 5 tenths of first-year ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4530N 5400W to 4145N 5015W to 4145N 4830W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 May estimated from Quebec near
5013N 5959W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 6 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 988 mb located over southern Labrador
By 9:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 990 mb located over northwestern
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over western Newfoundland.
By 9:00 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located east of Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:44 AM NDT 6 May 2015 An intense low pressure system over the South Labrador Sea will drift
slowly northward today. Strong to gale force westerlies over the
Belle Isle Bank will slowly diminish as the low moves away from the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Belle Isle Bank - northern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: