East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 27 March 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Saturday evening.
A few showers or flurries changing to snow Saturday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4750N 5245W to 4650N
4510W to 4900N 4500W to 4930N 4730W to 5500N 5230W to 5600N 5630W to
5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
1 tenth of first-year ice except 7 tenths of first-year ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5335W to 4445N 4800W to 4445N 4700W to 4715N 4230W to 5000N
4300W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5724W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 27 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 996 mb located over southeastern
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 990 mb located northeast of
Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday approaching low 996 mb located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:53 AM NDT 27 March 2015 A ridge of high pressure southeast of the marine district will remain
quasi-stationary through the forecast period. Meanwhile, a low
pressure system over the southeast coast of Labrador will continue to
track eastward to lie northeast of Belle Isle Bank by this afternoon.
Strong to gale force southwesterlies between these two features will
continue over the Grand Banks and adjacent waters through Saturday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south and the Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port, Belle Isle Bank and
Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: