East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 24 March 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to west 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to southwest 25 Saturday morning. Wind veering to northwest 25 Saturday evening.
Flurries ending near noon. Flurries beginning Saturday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this evening.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 4 rising to zero Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4715N 4735W
to 4745N 4615W to 5500N 5200W to 5545N 5500W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths of first-year ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5304W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4600W to 4715N 4200W to 4945N
4200W to 5130N 4630W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4922N 5814W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
Warnings (In effect)
East Coast - north of Cape St. FrancisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 24 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today departing low 979 mb located south of
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located from Labrador to the
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located over the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday approaching trough located over the
St. Lawrence River.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:53 AM NDT 24 March 2017 Strong to gale force northwesterlies over northern waters associated
with a departing low pressure system south of Greenland will diminish
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the all waters except the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: