East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 10:00 AM NST 27 February 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind north 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 25 this evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning this evening.
Temperatures minus 7 to minus 2 falling to minus 14 to minus 9 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 February 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4720N 4950W
to 4835N 4730W to 5145N 4825W to 5515N 5230W to 5550N 5505W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
6 tenths of grey-white ice including 2 tenths of first-year ice in
the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5252W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4645W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
Warnings (In effect)
East CoastIssued 10:00 AM NST 27 February 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 27 February 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 999 mb located over the southeastern
By 3:30 p.m. NST today departing low 997 mb located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NST today ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Saturday ridge located from the Maritimes to
the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Saturday approaching low 996 mb located over
southern Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:01 AM NST 27 February 2015 A low pressure system over the Southeastern Grand Banks will continue
to move eastwards and out of the marine district today. Strong to
gale force southwesterlies over southeasternmost waters will diminish
by this afternoon as the low moves off.
A second low approaching from the Labrador Sea will move east of the
district on Saturday. Strong to gale force westerlies will spread
over northern waters on Saturday behind this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half, Funk Island Bank - northeastern
half and the Southeastern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: