East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 29 March 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind northeast 25 knots backing to north 30 near noon then diminishing to northwest 20 early this evening. Wind backing to west 10 to 15 late this evening then to south 10 to 15 near noon Monday.
Snow or freezing rain and fog patches ending this afternoon.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 5 this evening then rising to zero Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4750N 5245W to 4705N
4530W to 4845N 4500W to 4930N 4645W to 5500N 5230W to 5600N 5630W to
5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
3 tenths of first-year ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4830W to 4430N 4730W to 4700N 4200W to 4945N
4245W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5820W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 29 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 989 mb located over the South Coast
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 990 mb located northeast of
Funk Island Bank.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough from 989 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Funk Island Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over southeastern Funk Island Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday building ridge located on a line east-west
over the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:58 AM NDT 29 March 2015 A low pressure system over the South Coast of Newfoundland will pass
over the Avalon Peninsula this morning and quickly move east of the
marine district this afternoon. An associated trough over the
Southern Funk Island Bank will exit the marine district this evening.
Strong to gale force southwesterlies will persist southeast of these
features until this evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Coast, East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, the Northern
Grand Banks - southeastern half and the Southern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port,
Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: