East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 27 April 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots backing to northeast 10 to 15 near noon then increasing to northeast 20 this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 35 after midnight then diminishing to east 25 overnight. Wind diminishing to east 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending early this morning. Periods of rain beginning early this evening. Fog banks.
Temperatures zero to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 April 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4805N 5250W to 4445N 4910W to 4540N 4655W to
5510N 5315W to 5635N 5705W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 3 tenths of first-year ice in the northern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4345N 4930W to 4345N 4815W to 4600N 3800W to 4630N
3700W to 4730N 3700W to 5045N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5039N 5929W to Newfoundland near 4943N 5749W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Coast - north of Cape St. FrancisIssued 03:00 AM NDT 27 April 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 27 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 991 mb located over northwestern
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 995 mb located over Nova
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 986 mb located south of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 986 mb located over the Avalon
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:03 AM NDT 27 April 2015 A low pressure system will approach Newfoundland from the southeast
today before taking a westward turn towards the Maritimes late
tonight. Strong to gale force northeasterlies will develop overnight
tonight to the north of the low as it tracks across Newfoundland.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle - western half, Gulf waters, East Coast - north
of Cape St. Francis, Northeast Coast and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southwestern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: