East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 08:00 PM NST 04 March 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 45 knots veering to west 35 late this evening then diminishing to southwest 25 early Thursday morning with gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind becoming northwest 25 early Thursday evening.
Snow or rain ending near midnight. Flurries beginning Thursday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray ending Thursday morning.
Temperatures minus 4 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4710N 5250W to 4735N 4700W
to 5110N 4805W to 5505N 5215W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
3 tenths of new ice except 8 tenths of grey-white ice including 2
tenths of first-year ice in the extreme northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 4 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5308W to 4715N 4700W to 5000N 4600W to 5100N 4600W to 5200N
4645W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
Warnings (In effect)
East CoastIssued 8:00 PM NST 04 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
East CoastIssued 8:00 PM NST 04 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 4 March 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight intensifying low 990 mb located near The
By 10:00 a.m. NST Thursday departing low 967 mb located east of
Belle Isle Bank.
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday departing ridge located northeast of
the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM NST 4 March 2015 A low pressure system near the Bonavista Peninsula will track
northeastward to lie east of Belle Isle Bank by Thursday morning.
Gale to storm force southerlies over southern waters ahead of this
low will veer to strong to gale force west to northwesterlies in its
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the Grand Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters
except the Strait of Belle Isle, the Northeast Gulf and Belle Isle
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: