East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 05 May 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots veering to south 25 this afternoon then to west 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches late this afternoon and this evening. Showers or flurries beginning Wednesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
Temperatures zero to plus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4750N 5030W to
4805N 5005W to 5250N 5335W to 5335N 5215W to 5450N 5210W to 5630N
5630W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Bergy water except 5 tenths of first-year ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4530N 5400W to 4145N 5015W to 4145N 4830W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 May estimated from Quebec near
5013N 5959W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today intensifying low 996 mb located over
central Labrador Coast.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 984 mb located over southern
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough from 996 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located east of the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located southeast of the
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: