East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 26 May 2016
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots veering to north 20 this afternoon then to northeast 10 to 15 Friday morning. Wind becoming light Friday afternoon.
Showers and drizzle ending this evening. Fog banks becoming fog patches this afternoon and dissipating this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5135N 5600W to
Labrador near 5155N 5600W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5040N 5605W to
5040N 5330W to 5200N 5300W to 5220N 5400W to 5400N 5300W to 5500N
5300W to 5600N 5600W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4643N 5309W to 4330N 4945W to 4330N 4815W to 4400N 4500W to 4615N
3800W to 4730N 3800W to 5145N 4330W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 May estimated from Quebec near
5034N 5934W to Newfoundland near 4941N 5749W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except 26 to 50 icebergs northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 26 May 2016 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located on a line east-west over
the southern Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching ridge located over southeastern
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: